Monday, January 6, 2014

Challenge 43 - Antique Rugs


As we begin  the first challenge this year 2014, I would like to once again wish all of us a very very Happy New Year!

Each of the beautiful paintings in the last challenge was such a visual delight. For PADT  visitors and artists it was as if each day in the holiday season brought a new gift  - the unmatched pleasure of seeing a wonderful new painting!

I hope this year brings many new exciting opportunities for all of us to do what we love so much - paint and draw and explore new horizons in art.

Thank You!!

About the composition


I visited a friend of mine, such a gorgeous human being, and very dedicated admirer and antique rugs collector. Needless to say how many still life compositions crossed my mind as soon as I saw this breathtaking display of antique tapestries and rugs. I listened to many  wonderful history lessons and stories about people crossing the continents & deserts, with one of the rugs you see here displayed, being old 134 years.

In my personal opinion, this is the most complex challenge I posted so far on PADT. I hope you will collect your artistic courage and give it a chance to surprise you.

--------------------------

Please send your paintings by February 16. The next challenge will be posted on Feb 17, 2014.

4 comments:

Jenni said...

What a wonderful picture, a very difficult challenge. I love all the patterns, but am quite flummoxed as to what direction to take !!! I shall have to think about it.
Jenni T.

Paint and Draw Together said...

Hi Jenni, I am glad you like the composition.

Yes.... I agree with you that painting this challenge does require some thought....in the past all of us have been so creative in PADT with refining the composition, adding to it & sometimes simplifying it or making it more painterly using different color choices & styles...it would be really great this time to see how all of us approach this one!

Unknown said...

het lijkt mij weer een moeilijke opdracht.
maar net zoals het glas zou het jullie wel lukken.
groetjes Marja

Helen H Trachy said...

This is such a lively and colorful photograph Lela! I just hope I'll find some time to paint this. Thanks