Sunday, May 4, 2014

Shirley Bond



 
 Artist: Shirley Bond


 
Artist Comments:
 Painting 1  - "Just the Pot" 11"x14"
Medium: Acrylic on board
I tried the pot on it's own first as it's a while since I used acrylics and after using water color ,I really had to work at the painting to get the depth of the color and feeling of clay.
 
Painting 2 - "Pot and Table Leg" 12"X9"
Medium: Acrylic on board
The 2nd painting was another attempt but I wasn't happy with the final composition. I find the back shadows distract from the main objects.

2 comments:

Angelique de Vries said...

Your highlights in both pots are very shiny, well done! In the second pot you have captured the glaze of the pot very well. I like them both!

Anonymous said...

I love your first pot, it's simply wonderful
Marie-Christine L